Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Electronics Cleaning, Receiver

I have owned this Yamaha RX-777 stereo receiver since 2004 or 2005, bought at Abt, and it has come with me everywhere (except Israel) that I have lived since high school. It is a wonderful mid-grade stereo receiver. But, I have not ever cleaned it out. I decided to pull off the cover and give it an air can cleaning and vacuuming. It looks much better now.
As for the receiver itself, I may replace it at some point just to have one with digital input in the rear so that less processing is done on my desktop before it hits my receiver. But this is not a high priority and does not factor into my desire for an audiophile quality system at some point.

Dusty:




Clean:

Just remember your electronics probably should be cleaned out every now and then, not just your desktop computers and laptops but even your receivers and so on.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose I should consider cleaning out my Yamaha too. It's been a little longer since it was cleaned (like never).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is most likely much worse than mine. Though, yours does have the benefit of residing in a cabinet and not having cats sit on top of it.

      Delete